Writer. Adventurer. Currently working on The Dreamless City, a series of steampunk novels and short stories.
Looking back on this past year, I have achieved so much. My daughter turned two, I finished my MBA, and I survived a year in my new job position. There are a few things I wish I had done this year though — completed the rough draft of The Dreamless City, dropped those extra pounds, and spent more time with family and friends. Still, I’m well on the way with my novel, started back to the gym once classes were over, and had a fantastic Christmas back home.
Outlook for 2013? Mostly sunny with a chance of success!
So, looking ahead to 2013, what exactly do I want to achieve?
1. Finish my novel (rough draft, revising, more revising, polishing to a lusterous shine)
2. Keep working with an awesome artist and friend on cover art and additional graphics
3. Keep my blog current and (hopefully) interesting
4. Attend a conference and/or convention to network with industry professionals
5. Stay current on events and trends in the industry, especially as self-publishing in the digital age evolves
I’m prepped and ready for next year. Bring it on!